Having an automatic sprinkler system makes watering your lawn incredibly easy. Instead of having to constantly move your sprinkler around your yard, you can relax and enjoy your free time while your sprinkler system takes care of everything for you.
Of course, sprinkler systems sometimes experience problems. When they do, you generally will need to hire a company to come out and repair them. Here are some of the signs that you should watch out for that could indicate that you need sprinkler repair services:
1. Less water pressure than usual. If you notice a significant decline in water pressure when your sprinklers are running, it could indicate that there is a leak or clog somewhere in the system.
2. Puddles of water on your lawn, sidewalk, or driveway. When your sprinkler system is first installed, the company will make sure that the water doesn’t hit your sidewalk or driveway, helping to prevent waste. They will also design the system in such a way that it doesn’t flood any areas of your yard with too much water. If you notice any puddles forming on your lawn or if you notice a lot of water running down your sidewalk or driveway, it could be a sign of a problem with your system.
3. Sputtering sprinkler heads. The water should come out of your sprinkler heads with a smooth, even flow. If you notice any sputtering, it may be caused by pressure problems, clogs, or mechanical issues with the sprinkler head itself.
4. Your water bill is much higher than usual. If your water bill suddenly spikes, it could be a sign that you are losing water somewhere in your sprinkler system. If your system springs a leak, a significant amount of water could be wasted, causing your bill to go up exponentially.
5. You redesign your yard. If you make changes to your existing landscaping, you may need to contact a company to come out and change your sprinkler system accordingly. That way, you can be sure that your outdoor space is still being water correctly, even after all of the changes.
If you notice any of these signs, it could be an indication that you need sprinkler repair services. Usually, it is best to deal with any sprinkler problems right away. That way, you won’t wind up wasting water. That is good news for both your pocketbook and for the environment.